Senior Software Developer
Job no: 502677
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
Be a part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees. JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
We can offer you a role where you'll be challenged every day to make a difference in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We can offer a competitive package, great employee discounts, and special offers across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys, paid parental leave, and novated leasing.
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative, and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
- A flexible work environment and competitive salary package
Whilst your primary focus will be writing code, you will be truly cross-functional, and you will be willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline. Your sense of curiosity will ensure you appreciate the how and why, not just the who, what, and when. You will take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
You will be part of a team that builds and scales core systems, supporting multiple sales & fulfilment channels, solving complex challenging problems through innovative ideas within the retail sector.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
- Take ownership of work and responsibility for getting it done
- Develop a strong working understanding of the business
- Work collaboratively within the team from inception to production
- Ensure other team members understand what you’re working on
- Write and contribute to well designed, testable, efficient production ready code (including CI & CD, automated testing, telemetry)
- Understand the priority of the work and trade off quality vs delivery according to the context
- Design systems and contribute to design reviews based on business need
- Help other developers in the team (mentoring, technical advice, pull requests)
- Work across teams to ensure that the systems we deliver are fit for purpose
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are raised
- Identify improvement opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of C# and .NET Core
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Working knowledge of build and release automation
- Working knowledge of automated testing
- Ability to express intent through code, focusing on simplicity and maintainability
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues
- Awareness of security issues
- Working knowledge of databases, either:
- Relational databases and ORM technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Dapper)
- Or, document databases (e.g. Cosmos DB)
- Capable of mentoring and coaching team members
- 5+ years of commercial software development
- Some exposure to the retail industry is advantageous although not mandatory
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend