Job no: 498264
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
With over 200 stores and over 12,500 team members across Australia and New Zealand, JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Contribute to a technology stack that services millions of customers, thousands of team members and hundreds of suppliers
- Relish in the autonomy of a start-up with the scale of an enterprise organisation
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
- A flexible work environment and competitive salary package
Whilst your primary focus will be writing code, you will be truly cross-functional, and you will be willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline. Your sense of curiosity will ensure you appreciate the how and why, not just the who, what, and when. You will take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation. You should thrive on the opportunity to solve complex challenging problems and relish the chance to explore and realise innovative ideas within the retail sector.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
- Lead the architectural and technical decision making both within the program of work and across Engineering
- Write and contribute well designed, testable, efficient code
- Lead pair programming, mentoring and peer review exercises as required
- Participate in the DevOps support role, maintaining software functionality and documentation
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are socialised to relevant audience
Qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years exposure to the software development lifecycle in a production setting
- Some exposure to the retail industry, although not mandatory
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science (desirable only)
- Extensive knowledge in Azure services.
- Ability to develop software in a variety of programming languages (C#, TypeScript)
- Advanced knowledge of
- Distributed systems development patterns
- TDD and BDD patterns and frameworks
- Document databases (Azure CosmosDb, MongoDb)
- Relational databases (Azure SQL, SQL Server)
- Event driven services (Azure Service Bus, Event Grid)
- Variety of software engineering tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- Capable of mentoring and coaching team members as required
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend