Be a part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees. JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Generous employee discounts available across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys
- Flexible (and remote) working available
- Modern office- coffee machines, large kitchen areas, food vending machines
- Close to public transport (500m from Flinders Street Station)
Whilst your primary focus will be the elicitation of business requirements, you will also develop an understanding of the business of retail and turning this understanding into solutions that support our customers, staff, and partners. Willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline, you thrive on the opportunity to solve complex problems, take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
You will be self-motivated, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and enjoy contributing to the success of an Agile squad.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
- Develop a strong working understanding of the business
- Work as a cross functional member of a squad within the full software development lifecycle
- Write and contribute to artifacts that capture a shared understanding of the required business need
- Evaluate specifications and design artifacts against required business need
- Work across squads to ensure that the systems we deliver are fit for purpose
- Participate in the devops support role on a roster basis
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are socialised
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years exposure to the software development lifecycle in a production setting
- Some exposure to the retail industry, although not mandatory
- Ability to elicit requirements from both technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g. workshops, interviews)
- Ability to create and maintain clear written and visual artifacts to support a shared understanding (e.g. user stories, business process maps)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Capable of working from a range of perspectives, high level system integration view all the way down to the minuture for a specific task
- Proficient at building relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Exposure to data modelling tools and/or relational databases (e.g. SQL Server
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in the Skills and Experience section, please still apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. Just click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.