Job no: 500935
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Legal, Compliance, Risk & Safety
The JB Hi-Fi Group brings together two of Australia’s best known and most trusted retail brands, JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys.
The Group sells an extensive range of consumer electronics, whitegoods, appliances, and home entertainment at great prices combined with genuine personal service from our specialist teams. In addition to operating from over 300 stores in Australia and New Zealand and its websites, the Group also services the commercial, insurance and education sectors and offers information technology and consulting services, through its JB Hi-Fi Solutions business.
Our team is our most valuable asset and together they reflect all that is special and unique about our business. We work hard to create a work environment that celebrates teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative, and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
- A flexible work environment / work from home
We can offer you a role where you'll be challenged every day to make a difference in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We can offer a competitive package, great employee discounts, and special offers across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys, paid parental leave, and novated leasing.
- Newly created role to join an expanding Legal team
- Exciting opportunity to work for a leading ASX 100 company
- Fantastic step into an in-house commercial role, with opportunity for growth
Working in a high performance dynamic environment, in this role you will have access to interesting work, lifestyle benefits and be integrally involved in a leading and growing Australian company.
In this newly created role, the primary focus will be to advise on the legal issues arising in the businesses, including contract drafting and negotiation, managing customer disputes, advising on promotional/marketing campaigns, privacy issues, managing IP matters, drafting legal and operational policies and procedures, and managing regulatory issues & compliance with relevant legislation. The successful candidate will also develop and deliver in-house legal training programs.
The role reports to a Senior Corporate Lawyer in the Company's Legal team.
- The ideal candidate offers quality post qualification experience of 3 to 5 years in general commercial law, preferably with some time spent in a major firm.
- We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills and is able to develop relationships with business stakeholders.
- Experience in advising on Competition & Consumer Act / Australian Consumer Law issues is beneficial to the role but not essential.
- The position requires an eye for technical detail but also the ability to provide legal advice in a commercial context.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend