Job no: 498716
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Buying & Planning
- Join one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers in 2022!
- Flexible working arrangements & Modern offices – convenient Southbank Location
- Generous staff benefits and discounts across the JB Hi-Fi group
About the position
We have an exciting opportunity in our Merchandise function for a full time Inventory Planner – Fitness category.
As an inventory planner, you will be responsible for both demand management and inventory planning of specific product lines. You will ensure there is an adequate supply of product to service customer needs while minimising working inventory investment by assessing demand activity. The planner will reflect demand changes in our planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records, item usage history, and forecasting files.
Specifically, this will include:
- Develop inventory management plans to support day to day operations, product launches and promotions
- Creating purchase orders to suppliers within category open to buy
- Constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect changes in SKU level forecasts
- Conduct financial risk assessments on perspective purchases
- Support the retail store network with all inventory related enquires
- Conduct root cause analysis when necessary
- Identify current and potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans
- Maintain and update master files [items, vendors, pricing, etc].
- Coordinate SKU level unit forecasts within agreed to Product Category revenue expectations
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals
- Provide reports and requested information to product manager as needed
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives
- Build rapport and manage the relationships with suppliers
- Assist product manager in category promotional activity across ATL and BTL
- Maintain store merchandising planograms
- Assist product manager in developing new merchandising material (POS) as required and to work with the category development team on execution
About our ideal candidate
We are looking for an individual who possesses the below skills and experience:
- Proficiency in MS Office suite - Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups)
- Strong analytical skills – creating and interpreting sales and profit reports
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate and coordinate with stakeholders and suppliers
- Good understanding of Master Data and Databases
- Experience in process improvement initiatives
- Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of technology accessories and retail experience highly desirable
This is your chance to showcase your talents, whilst also receiving generous staff discounts, flexible working arrangements, access to training and development and fantastic career opportunities across the broader JB Hi-FI/ The Good Guys team. We also offer –
- 6 weeks paid maternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to see outstanding music acts in Support Office – check out our story on the JB Hi- Fi LinkedIn page!
How to Apply
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! If you have the skills and qualities required for this role – Apply Now! All applications are strictly confidential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend