Home Delivery Centre Operations Lead
Job no: 498322
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: QLD - Metro
Categories: Supply Chain
JB Hi-Fi Group is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailer group. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods we strive to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
About the position
This role is a newly created position to support the Home Delivery Centre (HDC) operations and outbound delivery routines. You will effectively and safely support operational effectiveness and the achievement of a market leading retailer for Consumer Electronics big and bulky Home Delivery. This role is a full time role operating over 4 days (Friday to Monday).
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide additional leadership and direction to the HDC teams to ensure all HDC activities meet safety and operational requirements.
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators to ensure all HDC activities meet cost, operational, compliance and legislative requirements, with particular emphasis on Safety, including Chain of Responsibility obligations
- Ensure appropriate processes, management controls and oversight to ensure alignment of activities with core policy and standard operating procedures, including:
- Inventory integrity
- Space management
- Inbound supplier deliveries and accurate receipt of Purchase Orders
- Bulky Goods Returns, claims management and recycling process
- Outbound deliveries including product handover to third party carriers
- Ensure a positive experience for the customer (right stock, right time, right condition) and effective timely resolution of customer complaints and queries
- Manage the HDC facility in terms of relevant security, housekeeping, contractor / visitor management and maintenance requirements and standards
- Ensure appropriate processes, controls, oversight of all delivery activities and experiences to ensure carrier compliance with CoR policy and standard operating procedures
- Oversee compliance and effectiveness of local delivery crew engagement and management routines performed by carrier management such as toolbox routines.
- Work with Store Teams to reinforce understanding and awareness of related routines as relevant to ‘allied’ transport tasks – eg store transfers, blended freight sales, display stock sales.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Other tasks deemed suitable based on knowledge and experience as required by Management
About our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated leadership of managing and leading a supply chain operation
- At least 5 years operational warehouse and transport experience.
- Customer focus
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Builds effective teams
- Need to have availability to work a Friday - Monday roster
- Generous staff discounts
- Access to training and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Fantastic career opportunities across the broader JB Hi-Fi/The Good Guys Group
- 6 weeks paid maternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
All applications are strictly confidential. If you are interested in this exciting role, please click apply and submit your resume online.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend