Job no: 498302
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Property & Store Development
- Be part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees
- Generous employee discounts available across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys
With over 200 stores and over 12,500 team members across Australia and New Zealand, JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Modern office- coffee machines, large kitchen areas, food vending machines
- Close to public transport (500m from Flinders Street Station)
- Competitive salary package
- Paid maternity leave
Provide integral administrative and legal support to the Group Property team to deliver property and leasing activities across the store network.
- Proactively manage lease renewals, including tracking expiring leases and engaging with landlords early where required
- Manage and coordinate the property portfolio including monthly payment schedules, options, lease expiries and rent reviews
- Coordinate requests for lessor works and liaise with landlords, particularly for fire safety, roller doors and air-conditioning related issues
- Report sales figures to lessor/property manager when required
- Oversee creation of new leases for new and existing properties, and update and ensure landlord and lease details are up to date in Lease Eagle
- Maintain a copy of all requests for ISR &/or PL Insurance
- Maintain components of Store Check List in cooperation with Store Maintenance including lease obligations relating to a/c repairs and maintenance
- Work with the in-house Property Lawyer to prepare and coordinate the finalisation and signing of leasing documents including Heads of Agreements, Agreements for Lease, Leases and associated Deeds
- Ensure that all leases are registered by the landlord with the Land Titles Offices in the relevant states
- Conduct property searches including property title searches and ASIC company searches
- Proactively follow up and manage tenants, agents and lawyers regarding documentation and general queries
- File management including electronic and physical filing
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience as a leasing paralegal or in property leasing management
- Detailed working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lease Eagle (or similar lease management system)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend