Quality Assurance Engineer
Job no: 498246
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
Be a part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees. JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Contribute to a technology stack that services millions of customers, thousands of team members and hundreds of suppliers
- Relish in the autonomy of a start-up with the scale of an enterprise organisation
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative, and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
- A flexible work environment and competitive salary package
Whilst your primary focus will be quality assurance, you will also develop an understanding of the business of retail and turning this understanding into solutions that support our customers, team members, and partners. Willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline, you thrive on the opportunity to solve complex problems, take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
- Develop a strong working understanding of the business
- Work as a cross functional member of a squad within the full software development lifecycle
- Write and contribute to artifacts that ensure quality deliverables against required business need
- Write and contribute to automated functional testing frameworks
- Evaluate specifications and design artifacts against required business need
- Work across squads to ensure that the systems we deliver are fit for purpose
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are socialised
- Understand and participate in DevOps support practices
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years exposure to the software development lifecycle in a production setting
- Ability to create suites of automated and/or manual test cases that exercise business requirements (Cypress)
- Ability to create and maintain both written and visual artifacts to support what defines quality for the squad
- Working knowledge of data modelling tools and/or relational databases (e.g. SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of test management tools
- Working knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Some exposure to the retail industry, although not mandatory
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in the Skills and Experience section, please still apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. Just click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend