Business Analyst x 2
Job no: 498238
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
Be a part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees. JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Contribute to a technology stack that services millions of customers, thousands of team members and hundreds of suppliers
- Relish in the autonomy of a start-up with the scale of an enterprise organisation
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative, and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
- A flexible work environment and competitive salary package
Your primary focus will be understanding, analysing and designing systems, then ensuring shared understanding around the design. However, you will be truly cross-functional, and you will be willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline. Your sense of curiosity will ensure you appreciate the how and why, not just the who, what, and when. You will take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
- Take ownership of work and responsibility for getting it done
- Develop a strong working understanding of the JB Hi-Fi business
- Work collaboratively within the team from inception to production, and inspire collaboration across teams and the wider business
- Run business analysis activities to:
- Understand the problem being solved
- Make sure we are solving the right problem
- Break the problem into logical parts and processes
- Understand the practical constraints
- Create the design taking account of the priority of the work and the trade-offs between quality and delivery for the context – making sure the “just enough” standard is being applied
- Ensure shared understanding of the work being undertaken
- Help prepare a stable pipeline of work for the team
- Work across teams to ensure a coherent approach
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are raised
- Identify improvement opportunities
- General understanding of different software development methodologies
- Ability to read code at a level that enables understanding what it is doing in general terms
- Ability to identify, obtain, synthesise, and analyse data from a variety of sources to support decisions (e.g. SQL Server, Cosmos Db)
- Proficient at visualising and presenting information to support shared understanding within the team, across Engineering and the wider business (e.g. user stories, flows, presentations)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Skilled in working from a range of perspectives: high level system views down to the specific details for a task
- Able to move forward in situations where there isn’t time to perform adequate analysis
- Capable of constructively challenging the status quo
- Capable of mentoring and coaching team members
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in the Skills and Experience section, please still apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. Just click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend