Senior Software Engineer
Job no: 496915
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
- Be part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees
- Generous employee discounts available across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys
- Flexible and remote working available
With over 200 stores and over 12,500 team members across Australia and New Zealand, JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Close to public transport (500m from Flinders Street Station)
- Competitive salary package
- Paid maternity leave
Desired Skills and Experience
Your role will see you working within one of the most successful retail organisations in the country, building an understanding of the business of retail and turning this understanding into solutions that support our customers, staff, and partners throughout the product lifecycle of offering, selling, and fulfilling. You should thrive on the opportunity to solve complex challenging problems and relish the chance to explore and realise innovative ideas within the retail sector.
Whilst your primary focus will be writing code, you will be truly cross-functional, and you will be willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline. Your sense of curiosity will ensure you appreciate the how and why, not just the who, what, and when. You will take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
You will be self-motivated, have good written and verbal communication skills and enjoy contributing to the success of an Agile team.
- Take ownership of work and responsibility for getting it done
- Develop a strong working understanding of the business
- Work collaboratively within the team from inception to production
- Ensure other team members understand what you’re working on
- Write and contribute to well designed, testable, efficient production ready code (including CI & CD, automated testing, telemetry)
- Understand the priority of the work and trade off quality vs delivery according to the context
- Design systems and contribute to design reviews based on business need
- Help other developers in the team (mentoring, technical advice, pull requests)
- Work across teams to ensure that the systems we deliver are fit for purpose
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are raised
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Working knowledge of C# and .NET Core
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Working knowledge of build and release automation
- Working knowledge of automated testing
- Ability to express intent through code, focusing on simplicity and maintainability
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues
- Awareness of security issues
- Working knowledge of databases, either:
- relational databases and ORM technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Dapper)
- or, document databases (e.g. Cosmos DB)
- Capable of mentoring and coaching team members
- 5+ years of commercial software development
- Some exposure to the retail industry is advantageous although not mandatory
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend