Administration Team Leader
Job no: 496203
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: SA - Metro
Categories: Supply Chain
JB Hi-Fi Group is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailer group. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods we strive to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day. The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Administration Team Leader with strong organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills to join the JB Hi-Fi Group Supply Chain team. In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership to the Home Delivery Centre (HDC) administration team in support of operational effectiveness and delivering to the needs of the customer
This is a full time permanent role located at our Warehouse in Cavan moving to our new Home Delivery Centre in Woodville in October 2021.
The role would ideally suit someone who has experience managing direct reports in a high-volume warehousing environment (ideally in the retail, Consumer Electronics or 3PL sector)
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction to HDC teams, developing employee knowledge and capability through recruitment, coaching, training and performance feedback.
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators to ensure all HDC activities meet cost, operational, compliance and legislative requirements, with particular emphasis on Safety,including Chain of Responsibility obligations.
- Ensure appropriate processes, management controls and oversight to ensure alignment of activities with core policy and standard operating procedures, including:
- Inventory integrity
- Space management
- Inbound supplier deliveries and receipting of Purchase Orders
- Outbound deliveries including product handover to third party carriers
- Bulky Goods Returns, claims management and recycling process
- Manage and monitor HDC financial performance including controllable direct expenses (eg labour management) and indirect expenses (inventory control).
- Ensuring a positive experience for the customer (right stock, right time, right condition) and effective timely resolution of customer issues and queries.
- Actively plan & support promotional activity and business objectives.
- Manage the HDC facility in terms of relevant security, housekeeping, contractor / visitor management and maintenance requirements and standards.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Other tasks deemed suitable based on knowledge and experience as required by Management
About our ideal candidate – you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership of medium sized teams in a high volume warehousing environment.
- At least 5 years operational warehouse experience, including paperless (WMS) operations.
- Operations management experience (not just team leader/operations leader).
- Experience managing big & bulky Consumer Electronics (or Furnishing) goods in the b2c sector.
- Relevant tertiary or other formal qualification in supply chain related studies would be well regarded.
- Familiar with Kaizen and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Generous staff discounts
- Access to training and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Fantastic career opportunities across the broader JB Hi-Fi/The Good Guys Group
- 6 weeks paid maternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
If you have the skills, experience and qualities required, please submit your application and upload your CV.
All applications are strictly confidential.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend