Field Service Technician
Job no: 494881
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: QLD - Metro
Categories: Technology, Solutions Management & Technical Services
JB-Hi-Fi Solutions (JBS) provides thousands of businesses across Australia and New Zealand with professional advice, an extensive range of products, and ongoing maintenance services. As one of the oldest and largest single-source suppliers to organisations across Australia and New Zealand, we work with the world's most respected brands to offer advanced and complete technological solutions.
Underpinning the end-to-end service is a highly experienced technology team that integrates strategic planning, design, implementation, finance, maintenance and life-cycle management know-how, to support an organisation changing requirements over time.
Based in Queensland, this role will see you providing customers with onsite support for warranty and out of warranty repairs for PCs, Laptops, and Tablets. You will be responsible for scheduling, managing, and repairing hardware service requests at schools and for corporate customers.
- General desktop, hardware, software support and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support, maintenance and repairs in line with the manufacturer’s or vendors procedures, specifications and training
- Perform and log warranty and out of warranty validation
- Document and communicate known faults
- Manage used parts and return accordingly within specified timeframe
- Manage and schedule jobs to ensure they are completed within appropriate timeframe
- Maintain strong customer relationships and where possible establish communication with new customers
- Support other employees by sharing skills and knowledge
A highly organised customer focused and results driven individual who looks to optimise work processes at every opportunity, you will possess excellent communication skills to be able to effectively collaborate with your internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Industry Certifications desirable (MCSA, ITIL)
- Tertiary Education desirable
- COMPTIA+ desirable
- Demonstrated experience working with hardware
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated administration skills and computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Proven hardware experience
- Proven process improvement/development experience
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- A commitment to learning and development
- Demonstrated initiative
- Generous staff discounts
- Fantastic career and development opportunities across the broader JB Hi-Fi/ The Good Guys
- Collaborative work environment
If this sounds like the opportunity you are after, Apply Now!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend