Senior Software Developer
Job no: 494831
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
- Be part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 200 stores and 12,500 employees
- Generous employee discounts available across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys
- Flexible (and remote) working available
With over 200 stores and over 12,500 team members across Australia and New Zealand, JB Hi-Fi is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailers. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods, JB Hi-Fi strives to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
- Modern office- coffee machines, large kitchen areas, food vending machines
- Close to public transport (500m from Flinders Street Station)
- Competitive salary package
- Paid maternity leave
Your role will see you working within one of the most successful retail organisations in the country, building an understanding of the business of retail and turning this understanding into solutions that support our customers, staff, and partners throughout the product lifecycle of offering, selling, and fulfilling. You should thrive on the opportunity to solve complex challenging problems and relish the chance to explore and realise innovative ideas within the retail sector.
Whilst your primary focus will be writing code, you will be truly cross-functional, and you will be willing and able to contribute to any part of the delivery pipeline. Your sense of curiosity will ensure you appreciate the how and why, not just the who, what, and when. You will take pride in your craft and actively seek continual improvement of self, team, and organisation.
Whilst experience is valuable, your attitude and aptitude are more important to us as an organisation.
You will be self-motivated, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and enjoy contributing to the success of an Agile squad.
- Develop a strong working understanding of the business
- Work as a cross functional member of a squad within the full software development lifecycle
- Write and contribute to well designed, testable, efficient code
- Lead pair programming and peer review exercises as required
- Produce specifications and design artifacts and/or evaluate these against business need
- Work across squads to ensure that the systems we deliver are fit for purpose
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Participate in the DevOps support role on a roster basis
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are socialised
- Ability to develop software in a variety of programming languages (e.g. C#, Node.js)
- Working knowledge of cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Working knowledge of distributed systems development patterns (e.g. Event-driven-architecture)
- Working knowledge of TDD and BDD patterns and frameworks
- Working knowledge of relational databases and ORM technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Dapper)
- Working knowledge of document databases (e.g. MongoDb)
- Working knowledge of a variety of software engineering tools (e.g. Visual Studio).
- Capable of mentoring and coaching team members as required
- 5+ years exposure to the software development lifecycle in a production setting
- Some exposure to the retail industry, although not mandatory
- A bachelors degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, although not mandatory
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
JB Hi-Fi recognises the importance of diversity, and appreciates the ways in which different perspectives encourage innovation.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend