Junior Financial Accountant
Job no: 494491
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
About our Company
JB Hi-Fi Group is one of Australasia's largest and most trusted retailers with over 300 retail stores. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods we strive to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented Junior Financial Accountant who has the skills and capabilities to work in a fast paced retail environment. Reporting to a Senior Financial Accountant, you will be a part of the JB Hi-Fi financial accounting team who are responsible for the JB Australia and JB New Zealand businesses. In this role, you will be working alongside a team of qualified accountants and will be responsible for key month end tasks in the monthly reporting process.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for key items in the P&L
- Preparation of monthly accruals and journal entries
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of the monthly P&L to ensure accuracy of month end reporting
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards & monthly accruals
- Assistance with tax compliance tasks (e.g. FBT)
- Assistance with recording and reporting of fixed assets
- Liaising with external auditors to provide the required information for annual and half-yearly audits and reporting
- Assisting with various accounting projects, as and when required
About our ideal candidate
We are searching for a Junior Financial Accountant who has the following:
- Qualifications – Accounting Degree or close to completion
- Skills - proven financial accounting skills, acute attention to detail, and high degree of analytical skill
- Qualities – a highly motivated self-starter, able to work in a team environment and to tight deadlines
- Communication – exemplary personal communication and presentation skills shown in the ability to communicate at all levels and with various stakeholders
- Systems - experience in using a large ERP system ideal but not essential
How to Apply
These opportunities are few and far between, so click the "Apply" button and submit your application immediately.
All applications are strictly confidential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend