Finance Services Officer
Job no: 494490
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
About our Company
JB Hi-Fi Group is one of Australasia's largest and most trusted retailers with over 300 retail stores. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods we strive to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented Finance Services Officer who has the skill and capabilities to work in a fast paced retail environment. Working as part of the finance team, the Finance Services Officer will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support for JB Hi-Fi’s growing Services business. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review and reconciliation of invoicing from installation sub-contractor vendors, submitting invoices for payment, and liasing with vendors regarding any discrepancies
- Liaise with stores regarding transactional data integrity issues
- Assist program leads with management of sub-contractor inventory levels
- Manage sub-contractor insurance claims management
- Preparation and review of internal reports to program leads and other key stakeholders
- Post journals to the general ledger
- Assist with preparation and analysis of P&L reporting
- Assist the Telco Finance team where required with the reconciliation of Telco sales and receivables/payables to Telco providers
- Liaising with external auditors to provide the required information for annual and half-yearly audits and reporting
About our ideal candidate
We are searching for a Finance Services Officer who has the following:
- Experience – minimum 3 years' experience, preferably within a retail/similar environment, in a reconciliation role (e.g. Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable roles are ideal)
- Qualifications – Completion of secondary education, a tertiary degree in Accounting/Finance beneficial but not essential
- Skills - acute attention to detail, and high degree of analytical and reconciliation skills
- Qualities – a highly motivated self-starter, able to work in a team environment and to tight deadlines
- Communication – exemplary personal communication and presentation skills shown in the ability to communicate at all levels and with various stakeholders
- Systems - experience in using a large ERP system preferred but not essential, and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
These opportunities are few and far between, so click the "Apply" button and submit your application immediately.
All applications are strictly confidential
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend